Patents as an important intellectual property assets are the core of many
organizations and transactions related to technology. Licenses and assignments
of intellectual property rights are common operations in the technology markets,
as well as the use of these types of assets as loan security.
Why Should Your Patent Be Valuated?
Business and legal give rise to the growing importance of financial valuation of
intellectual property, since knowing the economic value of patents is a critical
factor in order to define their trading conditions. Likewise, you need a
reasonable value for patent use if you would like to apply for patent incentives
funding by the government in Turkey. Patent valuation also plays a vital role
when it comes to corporate transactions, licensing, loan security, bankruptcy,
litigation and patent-controlling.
We are valuating your patent (portfolio) based on the most modern scientific
valuation methods and fulfill the requirements of all valuation standards such
as IDW S 5, DIN 7710 and ISO 12931, as well as international directives for
financial reporting standards (IAS/IFRS, US-GAAP).
Our valuation analysts and patent professionals can use any of three standard
methodologies to value a trademark, specific to circumstances and requests, i.e.
the cost, the income and the market-based methods.
All required information is selectively detected and our report is prepared in
view of the following inquiries, in general:
Advantages of Trademark Valuation Service
- Patent history and use information
- Patent life and its strength
- Existing market researches, analysis reports, past performances of competitors
- Financials from income statements of last 5 periods
- Financial estimations of next 5 years
- Revenue values of the patent in general
- Long-term economic growing values and estimated inflation rates
- Patent registrations
- Any legal actions to defend patent’s reputation
- Within 2-3 weeks for a preliminary valuation draft
- Three separate approaches of valuation for internal use
- International valuation standards are always taken into account.
- Great emphasis on transparency and stressable valuation steps in our reports
- Usable for official approval via a determination action at the IP Court in
Turkey or before relevant authorities in Europe, USA etc., if required.
- All steps are described in the valuation process in a clear, transparent and
easily comprehensible manner.
- We employ the most common and accepted valuation methods accepted worldwide
for patents by tax authorities, financial and administrative bodies.